- 1 lemon - around 4 Tablespoons of the juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (some people use almond flour or panko, it doesn't stick as well to me)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons zested lemon peel
- Parmesan if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice, butter, then the garlic. (in that order)
In a bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides.
Place the prepped fish in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. sprinkle parmesan and broil for the last 60 seconds to get a little bit of a golden crust.
Cod is a very firm fish and in my opinion can be over cooked very easily. Remember you will be broiling at the end so air on the side of caution.
Garnish with parsley and lemon zest.